Unfortunately, you will sometimes face a toilet blocked with poop due to old pipes, a slow septic system, mineral build-up, and clogged S-traps. Therefore, you should be prepared to prevent such an inconvenience and make flushing toilets more efficient.
Many people prefer natural ways to solve this problem, but chemicals that dissolve poop are sometimes the ultimate solution. These products quickly remove obstructions and clean the toilet drain without a physical effort. The only thing to do is to pour the chosen chemical into the clogged toilet and let it sit until unclogging.
Products to break down human waste
Unfortunately, many excellent home remedies can fail when it comes to unclogging the toilet and dissolving poop. Therefore, you should often use chemicals. The least aggressive option is enzymes, but sometimes you need to purchase commercial chemicals. Let’s see.
This product type contains specific enzymes that transform solid waste into liquid and help their removal, preventing toilet clogging. You should always try to solve the problem this way since these products are safer and more reliable than standard chemicals harmful to you and the pipes.
These products’ primary use is to remove restaurant grease, but you can use these enzymes to break down poop, as well.
Their advantages are easy availability and effortless use when following instructions labeled on the bottle. The best option is to buy the desired product in a store with chemical supplies or those selling house-cleaning and plumbing products.
Once you purchase the suitable chemical, it is vital to measure the correct dosage before pouring it into the toilet. Let it sit there for the recommended time before flushing. Sometimes, it will be necessary to pour hot water in the end.
If nothing helps, you may have a problem with a piece of plastic or other inorganic material that the agent can’t dissolve. In that case, the only option is to:
- Use a specific tool for unclogging
- Remove the toilet bowl and get rid of the stuck object
- Call a plumber
chemical that dissolves human feces
1. Caustic soda
Caustic soda (sodium hydroxide) is a stable but corrosive chemical with a pH of 13.5. Since this substance is hygroscopic, it captures the humidity from the environment, quickly degrades and eliminates organic matter, including poop, and successfully unblocks sewage pipes.
- 1 cup (250 g) of caustic soda
- 2 cups of boiling water
Put caustic soda beads into the drain and immediately pour boiling water to trigger a chemical reaction inside a pipe. This chemical will react with organic matter and dissolve it within 20 to 30 minutes. If the problem is more severe, you should repeat the procedure.
Be careful and never mix caustic soda with other chemicals to prevent a dangerous exothermic reaction. It is ineffective when oil is stuck in pipes since it causes a solid soap block formation that clogs the toilet.
Keep in mind that this product is not the best option for pipes containing aluminum because their reaction releases harmful hydrogen gas. It can jeopardize human and pets’ lives, while multiple caustic soda use damages pipe walls.
Bleach can be an excellent solution for a severely clogged toilet but is also dangerous if you use it incorrectly or combine it with the wrong ingredients. For instance, bleach will produce toxic chlorine when combined with hydrochloric acid.
- 2 cups (0.5 l) bleach
- A pot of hot water
- Safety goggles
- Rubber gloves
Pour bleach into the toilet, let it sit for about 30 minutes to dissolve waste, and then add hot water to push it down the drain. Never try to plunge the content at this point by force to prevent splashing water into your face.
Commercial chemicals are the most effective agents for dissolving poop, but many people hesitate about whether they are worth the risk. Unfortunately, they are sometimes the only option you have. The process will last differently, depending on the product you use.
If you pick out this solution, it is crucial to purchase ready-made products to prevent possible accidents. Remember that many chemicals are potentially dangerous and may cause:
- Skin irritation
- Breathing difficulties
On the other hand, most commercial chemical cleaners are potent and capable of breaking and removing poop and solving clogging. In most cases, it will be enough to pour a chosen product into the toilet bowl and let it sit there for about 10 to 15 minutes before flushing.
You can repeat the process when necessary, particularly when clogs are too hard. Always use protective goggles and gloves to prevent possible eye injuries and skin burns.
Most chemicals are highly corrosive, so they often damage pipes. Therefore, you should be careful, use only chemical drain cleaners designed for toilets, and read the instruction manual before applying chosen product. Most homeowners buy the safest and most convenient products like:
1. Drain clog remover by Green Gobbler
This powdered product comes in five packs of 8 fluid ounces (236.5 ml) and is one of the best drain clog removers you can find on the market. Besides cleaning your toilet and drains, you can use it to solve similar problems with kitchen sinks, tubs, and showers.
- You can effortlessly use this product without measuring and mess.
- It is highly efficient against soap scum, shampoo residue, grease, hair and toilet paper build-up, limescale accumulation
- It is safer than most similar products on the market
- Manufacturers provide a full guarantee
- This product can damage pipes
- It ruins the tub enamel
- It smells unpleasantly
2. Main drain opener and toilet poop dissolver by Green Gobbler
This thick-density product is an efficient waste remover capable of dissolving even the toughest toilet clogs. It transforms solid waste into liquid, dissolves toilet paper and grease, and cleans the drains simultaneously. A package weighs 4.75 pounds (2 kg), with a volume of 64 fluid ounces (1.9 l).
- You can use this non-corrosive product on any metal or plastic drain pipes without the possibility of damaging them
- It is environmental-friendly
- Since it is non-flammable and odorless, it is convenient to use
- It is affordable
- A company’s customer service is excellent and cooperative
- It sometimes doesn’t work as expected
3. K-97 Biodegradable septic tank enzymes by Roebic
This solution can break up any possible septic, toilet, and sewer clogs. The package of 1 pound (0.45 kg) and 32 fluid ounces (946 ml) volume contains biodegradable bacteria that digest human waste and toilet paper. The process results in content soft enough for successful flushing.
- This effective and eco-friendly product can quickly solve the problem of toilet clogging and sewer blockages
- The solution is safe for metal and plastic pipes
- It can rapidly restore toilet drain and sewage flow
- It is affordable
- Some customers are unsatisfied with the grease dissolving level
4. Toilet bacteria enzyme for blockages by Green Gobbler
This product is an excellent option for solving the problem of toilet clogs and restaurant kitchen maintenance. The package of 2 pounds (0.9 kg) contains enough beneficial bacteria that digest built-up oil and grease accumulated in drains and prevent awful odor.
- This potent product is highly effective against toilet clogging and sewer line blockage
- It removes bacterial build-up and waste and reduces sewage line odor
- Thanks to its fresh scent, this product will keep your toilet clean and pleasant
- It is an easy-to-use product
- Some customers complain about the discrepancy between the advertised and the received product’s packaging sizes
5. Toilet and septic tank treatment enzymes by Rid-X
This top-notch product comes in a 0.2 pounds (91 g) heavy package with a volume of 3.2 fluid ounces (94.6 ml). It contains four natural enzymes that break down solid waste:
- Cellulase breaks down toilet paper and food leftovers
- Protease breaks down proteins
- Lipase breaks down fats
- Amylase breaks down starches
Even though the Rid-X is an excellent brand renowned for efficient septic tank treatment, you can also use their product to solve the problem of toilet and sewer line clogging. You will need one pouch of Rid-X formula to clean a clogged toilet within one to two hours.
- This trusted product prevents frequent toilet clogs and allows the free flow through the toilet drain system
- It is highly efficient for solving toilet clogging and can even dissolve and remove sewer line sludge
- This chemical removes obstructions from the sewer line and kills bacteria growing in the toilet drain
- It is an environmental-friendly product
- You can use it without any effort within three months
- This product is not returnable
- It is expensive
DIY Clog Removing Methods
Even though chemicals are highly efficient when the problem of toilet clogging appears, you can also use some home remedies for the same purpose, like:
- Hot water and dish soap
- Vinegar and baking soda
- Liquid soap
- Toilet brush
- Drain snake
Unfortunately, home remedies are an excellent option only for moderate issues. Sometimes, it is better to look for eco-friendly commercial chemicals as more powerful solutions.
A clogged toilet is a horrible thing that demands an immediate reaction. Even though you can find numerous DIY solutions to solve this issue, sometimes chemicals are the best option you have at your disposal.
It is enough to find an efficient and acceptable product with high results after pouring it into the toilet bowl, waiting for a while, and flushing it eventually. #Chemicals #Dissolve #Poop #Fast