Toilets make an essential part of every home. You should pick a quality and durable toilet that could last for years. Toto and Kohler’s brands are among the best for your toilet solutions in America. But which one is better – Toto vs Kohler?
The flushing system defines a good toilet under most circumstances. Flushing the toilet and having all water get disposed off gives the toilet the perfect service. You don’t want to have a poorly flushed toilet.
Most people have found out that Toto and Kohler toilet brands don’t cause low flow, affecting most toilets in the USA.
So you will enjoy the best results for your home by investing in any of the two brands you find amazing.
So, when it comes to choosing between Toto and Kohler, we will help you find your perfect match.
Toto vs Kohler – Feature Comparison
Flushing systems come with flushing classes. To find a good flushing system, you need one with a unique flushing class. Kohler toilets have a class five flushing system, thus boosting the flushing power even when you need to flush bulky waste. The toilet will have a clean outlook after a single flush, and it helps save on water.
Kohler toilet uses the following unique techniques to guarantee a clean flush.
- Powerful single flush system- with up to 1.28 gallons of water, the Kohler toilet will help achieve a successful single flush. It leaves the toilet clean faster and more efficiently.
- Dual flush settings. Ordinary toilets will provide you with a single flushing option. This singularity in choice means you have no choice except for the set settings in operating a device. Kohler comes with a dual flushing system and allows you to set your flushing water capacity to either too much or little. I find it very useful since you gain control of your water usage needs.
- A touchless flush system. This system will automatically detect the need to flush and do so without you having to prompt it through touch. The smart operating system suits any modern home and those that require an upgrade.
KOHLER K-3987-0 Wellworth Two-Piece Round-Front Dual-Flush Toilet with Class Five Flush System and
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Two-piece toilet; Does not include the Seat; (Image is only a representation of the complete item)
- A round front bowl offers an ideal solution for smaller baths and powder rooms
What gives Toto the heads-up in flushing?
- Effective flushing- to give effective flushes, a toilet must flush away all waste in a friendly manner. Toto gives your toilet the cleanest flush within seconds. It also flushes with the most minimal sound production making the process quieter and peaceful. So, if you don’t want the flushing sound going out to the other rooms in your home, Toto toilets will provide precisely that.
- You will get to personalize the flushing to suit your budget and design, among other factors. Toto provides the following flushing systems to its customers.
- G-max- this flushing system comes with the toilets having a glazed strap. The G-max flushing system uses a 3-inch valve that allows for 1.6 gallons of water per flush.
- E-max- This one has it all if you need a more conservative flushing system. It allows you to use 1.28 gallons of water per single flush. This way, you use less water in your toilet system.
- The Cyclone system- here, you can set your flushing system to get either a single cyclone or a double cyclone. The single cyclone uses up to 1.6 gallons of water, while the double uses 1.28 gallons in one flush.
- Tornado- the toilet has three jets bringing water to its perimeter. This unique water supply ensures that you get waste washed away effectively. Toto toilet with a tornado feature will be your home’s ultimate choice for a cleaner look.
TOTO Drake Two-Piece Elongated 1.6 GPF Universal Height TORNADO FLUSH Toilet with CEFIONTECT, Cotton…
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE WITH LESS FREQUENT CLEANING – TORNADO FLUSH swirls water in a circular pattern to fully wash the bowl surface. CEFIONTECT is an…
- MORE COMFORT ACROSS A WIDER RANGE OF INDIVIDUALS – TOTO’s Universal Height is taller than a standard toilet and makes sitting down and standing up…
- REDUCE WATER USAGE WITHOUT SACRIFICE – The 1.6 gallon per flush Drake enables you to save water without worrying about diminished performance. The…
Toto vs Kohler – Design
Good designs in our homes give us the relaxation we need to rewind. If you make your bathroom and kitchen rich in quality designed products, you enjoy living in it. Likewise, a good bathroom and toilet design make it an exciting place whenever nature calls.
A good design also makes your toilet space appear upgraded and up with technology. We add some prints, colors, and artistic touches to the toilets to make them blend in and match with the interior décor.
Style Differences – TOTO vs. Kohler
The most significant difference between TOTO and Kohler is their style. Kohler’s designs are more traditional, while TOTO’s are more modern. Both companies offer different design styles and colors to fit your bathroom decor.
TOTO’s most popular colors are white, bone, and a biscuit, while Kohler’s are almond, white, biscuit, and black glacier.
Both brands offer ceramic glaze options. TOTO has the patented CEFIONTECT glaze that protects against blemishes and cracks; Kohler has a similar antibacterial ceramic glaze that prevents stains and fractures. We love the CEFIONTECT glaze for its durability and glossy finish.
Both TOTO and Kohler toilets tend to be made of vitreous china. Virtuous china is a reliable material that does not corrode or rust over time when exposed to water. It also looks better than plastic because it doesn’t show fingerprints or water spots like other materials.
A clean toilet makes a clean home. The faster you find it is to clean a toilet, the better the brand. For Kohler vs Toto, the cleaning might be a walk-over for both brands due to the unique vitreous material from china.
If you need to look at Toto vs Kohler when it comes to which best suits your home is the maintenance cost. Even with good design, you will need an easy-to-maintain toilet in case of the need for repair. Therefore, choosing a toilet that requires low maintenance lowers the overall cost of purchasing and installing the toilet.
Price differs for various brands. When it comes to prices, Toto vs Kohler has different prices. The seat, installation parts, and the toilet determine the toilet’s overall cost. The installation and spare parts come to varying prices in the market.
TOTO and Kohler offer high-tech features such as dual flush technology, which allows users to choose between a full flush and a partial flush depending on how much waste needs to be disposed of. Some models also feature motion sensors that detect when someone approaches the toilet bowl or lid so that it can begin automatically flushing when needed.
Kohler toilets are known for being easy to use, even for those who don’t know much about plumbing or toilets. You don’t need any tools or special knowledge to install it or replace parts if something breaks down later on down the road.
TOTO’s toilets are also easy to install but require slightly more effort than their competitors’ models because they’re more complex than most other brands’ products in terms of design and construction materials used.
For instance, the Kohler Wellworth is easier to install than the TOTO Nearest because it comes with everything you need to start immediately. The Neorest requires additional parts, such as a seat lock kit and a wax ring that you may need to order separately if they aren’t included in your purchase order.
Flushing Power Differences
Flushing power depends on the model. Kohler toilets are heavier, more prominent, and require more water per flush than other brands. TOTO toilets are smaller, lighter, and use less water per flush.
TOTO toilets have a state-of-the-art G-max flushing system that quickly removes waste in seconds. Kohler has Class Five Flushing Technology which also expels waste loads fast and without lingering streaks. For the most part, these two brands both have excellent suction power, though it’s a well-known fact that TOTO’s toilets tend to have quieter flushes.
Are Toto toilets any good?
Yes, Toto toilets prove the best in the market for your home. They come in stylish designs and are easy to clean. They make the best toilets if you need them to match your décor needs. Maintenance costs won’t overwhelm you, and spare parts are readily available. The flushing system also makes these toilets a must-have in modern homes.
Who makes Toto toilets?
Toto ltd makes Toto toilets. The company has its base in Japan but has production companies in other places, including the USA in Japan. Toto manufacturers in the USA have opted to reduce carbon prints, manufacturing these unique toilets.
Which toilet brand should you choose?
The brand of choice will always depend on your needs or the needs of your home. Capital and installation costs play a significant role.
If you need an affordable toilet solution, I recommend you go with Kohler. It also comes with a large bowl design. The bowls prove elongated and will suit even tall people.
On the other hand, Toto brings you a fantastic luxury option for your toilet design. Toto will never disappoint if you want to give your house that stylish look. The luxury design, looks, and appearance add to your house value and make it beautiful. Toto will be the ultimate choice if you are in real estate and want the best toilet option for your clients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Toto toilets made in China?
Yes. These toilets get produced in China. However, to reduce the overall carbon print, the toilets get manufactured in America. This brand helps provide the toilets to customers locally and at a lower price.
Why are Toto toilets better?
These toilets guarantee customers convenience and customer satisfaction.
The toilet-free functions help achieve most toilet requirements for many homes.
The automatic flush system help give customers the best experience.
How long should a Toto toilet last?
They last up to 10 years without requiring repair. Most serve for more than ten years, and most customers get the needed satisfaction. Some other designs may last up to five years.
Is Toto toilet a better brand than Kohler?
The high-quality flushing system makes this brand the best in the market. The toilets also prove the best design in the market for those looking to make their homes classy and fashionable.
The choice of toilet brand of choice will depend on many factors. If you require the best toilet for your home, you need to research the needs of your home. A good plumber will be a plus for whichever brand suits your home needs. All these toilets come with complicated designs requiring a good plumber. Feel free to share your experience in the comment section and share it with a friend.